Peace Lodge, Vara Blanca, Heredia
Peace Lodge is an intimate, secluded resort, based on an European plan, and located on the grounds of La Paz Waterfall Gardens Nature Park in beautiful Heredia, Costa Rica. Encompassing the rustic past and natural beauty of the rainforest, coupled with the essence of Costa Rica and its visionary styling and decor, this hotel creates an atmosphere of relaxation and beauty. Every room boasts a Jacuzzi tub and stone fireplace, along with showers that transform into waterfalls plus picture-perfect views of the La Paz River Valley. Boasting the perfect romantic setting, Peace Lodge was recently featured on the Travel Channel’s "Honeymoon Hotspots International" as one of the eight most romantic worldwide destinations for honeymooners; perfect for those seeking an escape into a casual, exclusive paradise.
European Plan2 FloorsPool2 RestaurantsRoom ServiceIntimateSecludedCasual
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Located on the grounds of La Paz Waterfall Gardens Nature Park, Peace Lodge encompasses the rustic past and natural beauty of the rainforest and the essence of Costa Rica with its visionary styling and decor. Every room boasts a Jacuzzi tub and stone fireplace along with showers that transform into waterfalls with a turn of the knob. Picture perfect views of the La Paz River Valley complete the experience. The Peace Lodge was recently featured on the Travel Channel’s 'Honeymoon Hotspots International' as one of eight of the most romantic worldwide destinations for honeymooners. Member of 'Small Distinctive Hotels of Costa Rica'.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Peace Lodge has a 4 night maximum stay policy.
Located one hour from San Jose's Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and five hours from the Daniel Oduber International Airport (LIR) in Liberia, Guanacaste.
From the handcrafted canopy beds and love seats to the original stained glass and illustrated artwork you will understand the time and care put into the details of each accommodation. To insure your enjoyment of the cool mountain weather and view of the Poas Volcano, the owners built oversized balconies complete with rocking chairs, hammocks and custom Jacuzzi tubs. The experience continues with your choice of aromatherapy products and the resort's selection of fine quality linens and robes.
All guests are welcome to enjoy the La Paz Waterfall Gardens Nature Park before it opens and after it closes, the optimal bird and wildlife viewing times.
ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
The Peace Lodge of La Paz Waterfall Gardens is ideally located in the center of the most famous attractions in the Central Valley and Northern Region of Costa Rica. These tours include Poas Volcano (25 minutes away), Doka Coffee Estate (30 minutes away), the Sarapiqui River Rapids and Horseback Riding (45 minutes away), Canopy Tour and Horseback Riding (45 minutes away).
* 5 magnificent waterfalls
* 3.5 miles of paved hiking trails
* Hummingbird Garden with 24 species of hummingbirds
* Butterfly Observatory
* Orchid Garden
* Ranarium: Open-air frog exhibit
* Casita de la Paz: Authentic Costa Rican home
* Trout lake with fishing
* Lagoon pool & Jacuzzi
Half Day & Full Day Tours:
* Poas Volcano and Doka Coffee Plantation: Your guide will transport you to Poas, one of the four active volcanoes in Costa Rica. The crystal blue sulfur pools will amaze and enthrall you as you view this incredible landscape. Then you will head to another of Costa Rica’s trademarks-an authentic coffee plantation. As one of the oldest hydro-powered wet mills in Costa Rica, this third generation coffee plantation has been voted the best coffee in the region. In fact, 90% of its high quality coffee is sent directly to Starbucks. You’ll learn how coffee is grown, picked, milled and ground.
* Hacienda Pozo Azul Canopy Adventure: This unique adventure combines horseback riding and a 12 zip line Canopy Adventure.
* Hacienda Pozo Azul Rafting Trip: After a scenic 45 minute car ride to the Hacienda Pozo Azul, you will saddle up for a one hour horseback ride along the Saripiquí River. After your ride prepare yourself for an exciting two and half hour rafting trip along the Sarapiqui. This tour offers Class I, II and III rafting for the entire family!
* Waterfall Gardens Guided Tour: Guided tour through the trails of Waterfall Gardens. This will be your ultimate Costa Rican experience of flowers, butterflies, orchids, hummingbirds, Cloud and Rainforest, and waterfalls.
* Private Bird Watching Tour: For the beginner, intermediate or ‘professional’ birder. A guide will take you through the trails of Waterfall Gardens and point out the spectacular birds and wildlife that have made La Paz Waterfall Gardens and the Peace Lodge their home
Rooms feature cathedral ceilings supported by naturally shaped wood beams, stained glass accents and glistening wood trim. The flooring combines polished hardwoods, natural stone and dark slate. Riverstone gas-powered hearths give a welcoming warm glow on cool nights. The handcrafted canopy beds are topped with quality linens and bottle-green spreads. Oversize baths with stone-lined indoor garden tub showers mimic natural cavern settings, complete with ferns and bromeliads. French doors open to balconies with hammocks, patinated wrought-iron rails and whirlpools resembling natural pools. All rooms feature TVs, sound systems, refrigerators and coffeemakers, plus fluffy robes. The colorful artwork reiterates the lush tropical theme.
Back To Top