Welcome! Thank you for visiting an offering owned and operated by Vacation Express, USA Corp, doing business as Vacation Express. To help inform you, we've provided this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our website www.vacationexpress.com and our other related mobile websites, mobile applications ["mobile apps"], services, tools, and other applications [the "Site"]. This Policy is also applicable to data provided to us through our call center and in-person meetings with our personnel. A reference to "Vacation Express," "our," "we," or “us” includes Vacation Express USA Corp.
CONTENTS & SUMMARY
|Scope and Consent||
We collect the following information when you use the Site:
[a] Registration and Account Information: When you create a Travel Agent or Agency account or profile on the Site, you voluntarily give us personal information including your name, phone number, email address, physical address and other information [e.g., gender] such as your Travel Agency name, business contact details of your home-based agency.
[b] Travel Plans: When you initiate Travel Plans, including package deals, flights, hotels, excursions or tour plans, you voluntarily give us personal information including your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, physical and billing address, emergency contact name and contact information, unique identifiers, i.e., frequent flyer information or known traveler number, calendar information for your dates of travel and location data [duration of stay and travel details]. In addition, if you choose to make any special requests including notes about allergies, preferences and health risks, we store the information to help your travel.
[c] Subscriptions and Information to Respond to Your Requests: When you subscribe or register to receive alerts about ongoing deals, newsletters and other communications to your inbox, you give us personal information including your name, email address and zip code and non-personal information such as airport preferences.
[d] Social Media Information: When you use social networking application plug-ins on our site, because of the way the plug-ins may be configured, you may give us access to your platform profile page ID that contains your personal information and that of your friends.
[e] Mobile Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device [e.g. your unique device identifier, your location information, your device’s operating system, or the mobile carrier for your phone, the video files/photos on your phone if you choose to submit photos/videos].
[f] Technical Usage Information: We use tracking technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies to measure usage. We have used or may use the following tracking technologies on the Site: including but not limiting, ADTECH, Google Analytics, IBM Marketing Cloud and C3Metrics. See our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Policy for more information.
[g] Geolocation: By using the site you expressly consent to our collection and use of your geolocation information.
[h] Browsing History: We collect and store your browsing and transactional history for targeted advertising purposes, and to analyze and/or improve user experience on our Site.
[i] Other Data You Provide: You may decide to provide us with other information regarding your travel such as data about your racial or ethnic origin, religious and political beliefs and sexual orientation. If you give us this information, we may store it as long as required for your travel and our business purpose.
[j] Financial Information: When you complete your reservation, you may give us your financial information to pay for your travel plans. When you initiate the payment, you may provide your full name, credit card number, expiry date and CVV to complete the transaction[s]. We store the last four digits of your credit card number and the expiry date.
[k] Audio: When you call our help desk services, we store your telephone numbers, voice messages, orders placed via voice and any call back done by automated machines and/or personnel. By providing your number you agree to receive calls and messages from Vacation Express on phones that are capable of autodialing at the number provided. Data, message and call rates may apply.
|Uses and Retention||
We use information collected from you to operate our Site, provide targeted advertising and contact you. Your information is retained for as long as we need it for our business.
|Disclosure of Information||
We may share your personal information and other information we collect with the following entities: [a] affiliated entities; [b] suppliers [e.g., hotels, flight and travel providers as required to offer our services] [c] our service providers [e.g., ad service providers]; [d] other entities with your consent; [e] legal and law enforcement; [f] others if there is a change of control; [g] insurance providers; [h] companies in the mobile app industry; and [i] social networks.
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Vacation Express on the Site or by following instructions within our notices.
|Tracking Technologies [Cookies]||
We use tracking technologies [including cookies] to recognize you, protect your privacy, customize your experience on the Site, and/or target the content/advertising you see, including providing vacation opportunities customized to your location or interests. You consent to our tracking of your behavior through the Site or third-party social media [including video viewing].
|Access and Review Options||
You can review and edit your personal information by accessing your account on the Site.
|California Privacy Rights||
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information and how we respond to Do Not Track signals.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites that are linked to or from our Site.
We protect your personal information using security measures.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world.
|Notification Regarding Updates||
When you use the Site, we or third-party service providers [e.g., those providing fraud or security protection or enabling our website] may collect the following information:
- [a] Registration and Account Information: You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information [i.e., name, email address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, payment information and physical contact information] about yourself. When you register an account or create a profile, you choose to give us personal information such as name, telephone number, physical address and email address. In addition to personal information, you may also provide us with non-personal information [e.g., airport preferences and tour preferences]. If you are a Travel Agent, you agree to provide your and/or the Travel Agency’s name, the IATA, CLIA or TRUE number, consortia details, agency type, business contact details and tax identification numbers.
[b] Travel Plans: When you initiate Travel Plans, including package deals, flights, hotels, excursions or tour plans, you voluntarily give us personal information including your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, physical and billing address, emergency contact name and contact information, unique identifiers, i.e., frequent flyer information or known traveler number, calendar information for your dates of travel and location data [duration of stay and travel details]. In addition, if you choose to make any special requests including notes about allergies, preferences and health risks, we store the information to help your travel]. When you call us or otherwise interact with our Site, we may collect call log information. Our forms do not request this information, but if you voluntarily provide information to us regarding your race/ethnicity/religion when you book travel, we will have this. You may also provide us with your credit or debit card information, PayPal, Groupon and/or voucher certificate numbers if you are making a purchase.
If you are a Travel Agent making reservations on behalf of your customers, you confirm that you have the appropriate permissions from your customers to share their data with us.
[f] Technical Usage Information: When you visit our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or to her access device that tells us how you are using the Sites ["usage information"]. We may use tracking technologies [including unique identifiers, unique device tokens, HTML5, cookies, flash cookies, web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers, and cross device tracking through deterministic techniques and probabilistic approaches] to collect usage information. We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
- [h] Browsing History: We collect and store your browsing and transactional history to analyze and improve user experience on our Site. We may also use your browsing history for targeted advertising purposes.
- [i] Other Data: You may decide to provide us with other information regarding your travel such as data about your racial or ethnic origin, religious and political beliefs and sexual orientation. If you give us this information, we may store it as long as required for your travel and our business purpose. The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records [e.g., demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information] that we have acquired in accordance with the law
- [j] Financial Information: When you complete your reservation, you may give us your financial information to pay for your travel plans. When you initiate the payment, you may provide your full name, credit card number, expiry date and CVV to complete the transaction[s]. We store the last four digits of your credit card number and the expiry date.
- [k] Audio: When you call our help desk services, we store your telephone numbers, voice messages, orders placed via voice and any call back done by automated machines and/or personnel. By providing your number you agree to receive calls and messages from Vacation Express on phones that are capable of autodialing at the number provided. Data, message and call rates may apply.
- [l] Information from Other Sources: The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records [e.g., demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information] that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
- [a] Operate Our Site: We use the information collected to: [i] respond to your requests; [ii] provide customer service [e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile, or the Site]; [iii] personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; [iv] improve the Site; [v] give you information about your account; [vi] manage Site traffic; [vii] assess promotional effectiveness; [viii] administer surveys, clubs, promotions [e.g., contests, sweepstakes, reward and loyalty programs]; [ix] manage your purchases [e.g., remember shopping cart information]; [x] marketing purposes; [xi] to improve products and services; and [xii] provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- [b] Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information: We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports [e.g., total number of visitors, IP addresses, browser types, access times, pages viewed and referring website addresses].
- [d] Communicate With You: We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences [e.g., for newsletters, deals], or to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
- [f] Data Retention: You expressly consent to our lawful worldwide use of your personal information and that we may retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, including to effectuate your requests. Further you consent to the ability of third-party service providers working on our behalf to collect and retain personal information and non-personal usage information for Site operation purposes [e.g., fraud prevention]. Further, you consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for at least two years or until permission is withdrawn.
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
- [a] Vacation Express: We may share the information we collect about you with affiliated entities. We will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
- [c] Other Entities with Your Consent: Other third-parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information [or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service]. On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- [d] Legal and Law Enforcement: Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Vacation Express user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- [g] Companies in the Mobile App Industry: If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we may also share your information with carriers, operating systems, and platforms.
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Vacation Express on the Site or by following instructions within the notices.
- [b] Communication Preferences and Marketing [Opt-out]: We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may enter into agreements with third parties for us to send advertising to you. When we do this your personal information is not disclosed. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Site. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can contact us or indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us. You may click on "unsubscribe" in the emails sent to you to stop receiving communications. You may not opt-out of administrative emails [e.g., emails about your transactions or policy changes] for your registered account.
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners may use tracking technologies to enhance your online experience or customize our offerings.
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies [cookies]:
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies [e.g. cookies] can either be persistent [i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them] or temporary [i.e., they last only until you close your browser]. You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that Vacation Express sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third-parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized [e.g., if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page].
- We may target and track the videos you view. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
- [a] Residents of the State of California: may request a list of all third-parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information [as defined by California law] during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at: Vacation Express, 3495 Piedmont Road, Building 11, Suite 400, Atlanta, GA, 30305, USA, Attn: Privacy Officer. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- [b] How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575[b] [as amended effective January 1, 2014] provides that California residents are entitled to know how Vacation Express responds to "Do Not Track" browser settings. Vacation Express does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been adopted. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once it is uniformly accepted.
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States and around the world. We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include data encryption, firewalls, regular security assessments of IT infrastructure, access controls to physical, network-based and data assets. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your passwords and account registration information is secure and not shared with third parties.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group. If you believe your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us via the email listed in Section 14 below.
If we or any third-party we disclose your personal information to is required to provide notice of a security breach, you consent to receiving notice through this Site or via the email address you have provided to us, at our discretion.
If your questions are not answered online, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.