Los Lagos Hotel, Spa & Resort, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal
Los Lagos Hotel, Spa and Resort is an family-friendly resort, based on the breakfast plan, and located at the base of Arenal Volcano and just 4 miles from the charming village of La Fortuna de San Carlos in Costa Rica. Featuring spectacular views of the volcano from every room, the facilities in this resort include a pool complex, a swim-up bar, waterslides, a hot spring-fed Jacuzzi, a spa offering a variety of treatments and beauty services, and a kids corner - perfect for families seeking a fun-filled, active vacation!
Breakfast Plan89 Rooms1-2 Floors2 BarsFamily FriendlyActive3 Pools1 Restaurant
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
The family-friendly Los Lagos Hotel, Spa & Resort, located at the base of Arenal Volcano and just 4 miles from the charming village of La Fortuna, features spectacular views of the volcano from every room. A pool complex, including a main pool with swim-up bar and waterslides and one especially for children with a volcano fountain in the middle, offers a soothing and relaxing Costa Rica respite for all ages. View the lava flow from a hot spring-fed Jacuzzi, which is drained and filled up every day with fresh hot volcanic water. A spa offers a variety of treatments and beauty services, and the kids will have a blast in their own kids corner.
Los Lagos Hotel, Spa and Resort is located 3.5 hrs. from the Daniel Oduber International Airport (LIR) in Liberia, Guanacaste; and 3 hrs. from the Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in San Jose.
Los Lagos is well suited for families, friends and couples with something for everyone including hot springs, volcano views, swimming pools with water slides, a crocodile farm, trails and even a canopy tour.
Breakfast is included daily for all guests.
Activities in the Area
Guests have easy access to a variety of exciting activities and popular attractions located on and near the resort.
• Mirador Arenal Observatory lookout point is a close-up viewing location where guests can get an unparalleled view of Arenal Volcano.
• Horseback ride through the rainforest to the volcano.
• Butterfly observatory
• Insect house
• Crocodile farm
• Canopy tour
Other Activities Nearby:
• Arenal Volcano - Hike, Bike, Horseback Ride to observe the volcano from national park
• Arenal Hanging Bridges
• Combination Tour - Butterfly farm and Danaus gardens (or) Hanging Bridges / La Fortuna River Waterfall / Lunch / Volcano walk / Visit to Tabacón or Baldí Hot Springs / Dinner
• Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge - nature lovers and bird-watchers Paradise is located only 1.5 hrs. from La Fortuna; 3 hr. boat ride and picnic lunch
• Biking Tour to National Park Area - Enjoy the volcano area and the panoramic views
• Venado Caves - Just 45 minutes away from La Fortuna, accompanied by a guide walk inside the caves, where you'll observe the stalactites and stalagmites
• Ecocentro Danaus - butterfly and botanical garden
• Safari Float Penas Blancas River - on a raft for approximately 2 hours, observe a large variety of animals, like sloths, monkeys, crocodiles, birds and frogs
• Bird Watching
Set along the skirts of the towering Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna has become one of the major tourism destinations of Costa Rica. La Fortuna is a small friendly town and is the starting point for observation of the volcano with its nighttime lava flows and smoke; as well as to explore many tourism attractions including waterfalls, hot springs, canopy tours and many other nearby sites.
The majestic Lake Arenal near the volcano is the largest in Costa Rica. It was enlarged to 3 times its original size for the production of hydroelectric power, today producing nearly 70% of all of Costa Rica’s electricity. The Lake also offers many activities, among them, windsurfing, fishing, boat tours, kayaking; and along the shore horseback riding and mountain biking.
General Hotel Information
Los Lagos is situated about half-way between the town of La Fortuna and Tabacon Hot Springs. It is situated on a huge property (some of which is pasture land) located at the base of the Arenal Volcano. There is a trail leading to an observation point that takes you just about as close as you can get to the Arenal Volcano. (Or at least as close as you would want to get!).
The hotel has 89 Standard and Superior rooms. All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, hot water and private bathrooms, safety deposit boxes, a small fridge and a porch. The Superior rooms have a better view and are a little larger, plus they also have a bathtub. Each Superior room has two double beds while the Standards have either one double bed, one double and a single or one double and two singles.
Back To Top