Kids and Family at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, Runaway Bay
Connecting RoomsFamily DiningKid's ProgramsNanniesKid's Lounge
With 62 connecting rooms, families can choose from several accommodation and bedding configurations providing privacy for parents but close proximity to the kids allowing for quality family time. A Premier room can accommodate up to two children and two adults while a suite could easily accommodate three children and two adults. Cribs can also be added to any room upon request. Plunge pool rooms are restricted to 15 years of age and higher and other safety precautions like outlet caps have been put into place.
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach and Golf Resort offers an array of kid-friendly dining options including enticing healthy choices and yummy favorite's children will love. The Coral Cafe even offers a kid-height buffet, so they can serve themselves easily and safely.
Fun programs for the whole family have been designed with an emphasis on education and staying active outdoors so the kids can enjoy Jamaica's lush landscape and spectacular beaches. Some of the things you can do together:
- Family laser tag
Glass bottom boat rides
Horse grooming lessons
Parent and child golf lessons
Mommy and Me Spa Day
Sunset boat rides
Mother/son and Father/daughter dances
Beach Bon fires
With 24-hour notice, a fully trained personal Nanny (for up to two children) can be available ($) paid directly to the Nanny from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Any time after 4:00 p.m. is an additional charge. Overnight nannies are available ($). There is a full time nurse that is one call 24-hours.
At Jewel Runaway Bay, there are five programs for groups ranging in age from infant to teen that are not only fun but also educational. The Gem Counselors and Nannies (trained in First Aid, CPR and AED) will make sure each child has a fantastic, memorable and safe experience at the resort.
There is a Kids' Lounge located off the lobby with games along with an activity board listing the day's excursions and programs for ages 11 and up. There's even a “Paparazzi” snapping photos when the kids least expect it during their scheduled activities. Parents will later be able to access these photos for purchase. Next to the Kid's Lounge, there's a dedicated kiddie pool safe for all ages that is supervised by a Gem Counselor.
Sparkle (18 months - 2 years old)
- Fun activities are held everyday at 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Meal times will require the guardian to come pick up the child for lunch
- Evening “Sparkle Time” is held 2 nights per week
- “Sparkle Activities” include: Music and Dance, Sand and Beach Play, Dress Ups and Make Believe Play Sessions, Shapes, Sense, Colors and Tastes Activities, Water/Pool Games, Story Times, Arts and Crafts, and more
Glisten (3 - 6 years old)
- Fun activities are held everyday at 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Twice a week, at 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., children will enjoy a Pizza Party or Dinner and Movie
- “Glisten Activities” include: Pirate and Princess Makeovers, Treasure Hunts on the Beach, Swimming lessons and water games, Horse and Carriage rides, Magic Shows, Gardening Adventures, Animal Familiarization, Arts and Crafts, and more
Glow (7 - 10 years old)
- Fun activities for this age group are held everyday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Our Gem Counselors take children on exciting journeys, where children have an option of dining with their group at various locations like the beach or even the “jungle”.
- “Glow Activities” include: Tree House Parties, Golf Putting Lessons, Arts and Crafts, Chef's Make your Own Meal, Sand Village Building, Sports, Sailing, Reggae Dance Class, Obstacle Courses, and more.
Tiger's Eye (11 - 13 years old)
- Near the Kid's Lounge there's an activity board where this age group can check the listings and times of all events and excursions.
- At the daily 11 a.m. meeting, a Gem Counselors will be assigned to organize events, keep a watchful on the group and just ”hang out” so the kids don't feel like its too “camp-like” or “un-cool”.
- “Tiger's Eye Activities” include: Snorkeling, Glass Bottom Boat Excursions, Golf Instructions/Tournaments, Board and Video games, Tiger's Eye Disco, Staff/Guest Talent Shows, Oil Painting Classes with Models, Make your own Recordings, Horse Grooming, Photography Classes, Sports, Archery, Laser Tag, Cooking with the Chef, and more.
Fossils (14 - 18 years old)
- There will be a dedicated Fossil Gem Counselor to bring this potentially reluctant age group together letting them know about the cool events and locations designed specially for them around the resort. There will be an activity chart near the Tiger's Eye / Fossil Lounge providing all the times and locations for activities and excursions available day and night.
- “Fossils Activities” include: snorkeling, photography, ninja obstacle course, lounge with mocktail bar, oil painting classes with models, make your own recordings in the new recording booth, mechanical boats and cars, horse grooming, cooking and sushi making classes, and more.
Pricing for Families
Children from new-born to five years old are free all year round, children from ages six to 14 are at a children's rate (seasonally priced) and kids 15 years and older pay an adult rate.
Back To Top