Advanced OptionsAdvanced Options
Want to talk? Give us a Call
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa is an exclusive vacation experience, based on the European plan, and located in the middle of the rainforest in La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica. This unique Costa Rican property offers luxurious accommodations, an award-winning spa and friendly service in a magnificent tropical environment, near the base of Arenal Volcano. The resort is situated in a lush setting with twelve natural hot spring pools and lagoons, thermal pools, exotic gardens and trails, in addition to numerous amenities, designed for the perfect, relaxing vacation experience.
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa is located in La Fortuna de San Carlos, in the middle of the rainforest. This unique 103-room Costa Rican property offers luxurious accommodations, an award-winning spa and friendly service in a magnificent tropical environment near the base of Arenal Volcano. The resort is situated in a lush setting with twelve natural hot spring pools and lagoons, thermal pools, exotic gardens and trails. Dining is open-air and includes a signature gala dinner in a private rainforest bungalow with private chef and server. Decor throughout the resort showcases art and furniture designed and crafted by Central American artisans. Guests enjoy unlimited access to Tabacon Hot Springs during their stay.
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa is located 3.5 hrs. from the Daniel Oduber International Airport (LIR) in Liberia, Guanacaste and 3 hrs. from the Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in San Jose.
ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
Guests can take advantage of the area's incredible biodiversity and treat themselves to a variety of nearby optional tours and excursions:
* Sky Tram and Sky Trek Tour - A truly outstanding adventure! Sky Walk is a unique opportunity to observe the cloud forest from the canopy above.
* Hanging Bridges - allows visitors to experience the rainforest from three perspectives; plus magnificent views of the Arenal Volcano complement this memorable hike through the heart of the rainforest.
* Canyoning Tour - if you enjoy waterfalls and a bit of adventure, the Canyoning Tour is perfect for you. You will experience the thrill of rappelling down a high waterfall, using professional equipment and aided by an experienced guide.
* Hike to Arenal Volcano - observe the exotic inhabitants of Arenal National Park, see paths of lava, cross a stream and, if conditions permit, you may catch a glimpse of showering bright volcanic rocks.
* Safari Float - White Water Rafting Class II expedition is perfect for families with children ages 6 to 13.
* Rafting - This is the tour for those who like action and adrenaline sports. Get to know the area's wildest and most exuberant rivers.
* Cano Negro Boat Tour - This visit to the Cano Negro Refuge is designed for true wildlife lovers. Iguanas, sloths, 40 bird species, caimans, turtles, alligators, bats and monkeys greet you in their natural habitat.
Sustainable Tourism Certification
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa is committed to sustainable tourism. This development perspective enables guests to truly enjoy a natural paradise without endangering the environment. For this reason the hotel has earned a CST certificate, a system of environmental and social responsibility that evaluates the development and operation of tourism enterprises. Concerned about preserving this natural treasure, Tabacon has developed several sustainability plans and programs.Tabacon aims to preserve the country's natural resources by using only completely natural springs, rivers and waterfalls. The 100 percent carbon neutral resort has been the recipient of the prestigious 'Luxury Eco Certification Standards (LECS)' from Sustainable Tourism International.
Awards & Accolades
Tabacon has received several international awards including the Five Stars Certification, making it one of the top hotels and resorts in Costa Rica. Voted as Favorite Spa in Central Amercia and Best for Mineral Springs in the SpaFinder Wellness 365, Readers' Choice Awards Voted as Mexico & Central America's Leading Green Hotel at the World Travel Awards 2013 Best Luxury Mineral Spring Spa at the World Luxury Spa Awards, 2013 Global Winner The Americas: Best Luxury Resort Spa and Best Luxury Day Spa at the World Luxury Spa Awards, 2013 Continent Winner Travel + Leisure, World's Best Awards Top Hotel Spas in Latin America (#3)Trip Advisor, Travelers`s Choice 2013 Top 10 Luxury Hotels in Costa Rica (#8) Voted a Top 10 in Organic Spa Awards by Organic Spa Magazine (July 2012). Voted as the Global Winner for Best Luxury Mineral Spring Spa Category in World Luxury Spas Awards (May 2012). Voted as the Country Winner for Best Luxury Destination Spa, Best Luxury Resort Spa and Best Luxury Day Spa Category in World Luxury Spas Awards (May 2012). Top 25 list in Central America Relaxation/Spas Hotels and Luxury Hotels by Trip Advisor Traveler`s Choice. (January 2012). Readers of Travel + Leisure have voted Costa Rica's Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort the #4 Hotel Spa in Latin America in ‘World's Best Awards' survey (2011). Tabacon earned an honorable mention in the poverty relief category in Conde Nast Traveler World Savers Awards (October 2010). Achieved the Luxury Eco Certification Standard (LECS), becoming the first luxury hotel in the country and the second hotel worldwide in receiving this certification (May 2010)