Advanced OptionsAdvanced Options
Want to talk? Give us a Call
The hotel features three swimming pools, including an infinity pool, two whirlpools and a tennis court on the property. There is a modern fully-equipped gym available free of charge for resort guests plus an on-site Scuba Dive & Watersports Center. The hotel can offer suggestions and information on all of the ‘'must-see'’ tours and attractions the island has to offer. 'Must sees' are downtown Philipsburg, Marigot, Court House, St. Maarten Museum, Front Street and Fort Amsterdam.
Kids can enjoy up to 4,000 sq. feet of Sonesta's first and only resort with an aqua park and a dedicated kids pool in St. Maarten. The Aqua Park is complete with three aquatic and animal-themed slides and spacious pool decks. Pools are only 20 inches deep, making it safe and fun for kids ages 3 to 12.
The new kids’ center consists of 1,000 sq. feet of indoor space and 2,500 sq. feet of outdoor space that connects to the Aqua Park, offering a safe, fun and exciting environment for the little ones. Water Sports GALORE
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort's Adventure Dive Center and Water Sports offers something for everyone. The instructors, dive masters, captains, tour guides and beach staff are friendly, knowledgeable and ready to give you the personalized service you expect. You can choose from diving in small groups, PADI scuba diving courses with one-on-one instruction, boat charters, snorkeling trips, jet ski rentals, jet ski tours, or just relaxing back on a floating mat.
Diving and water sport activities include:
- Scuba Diving & PADI Courses - they specialize in small groups with a maximum of 6 certified divers for their two morning tank dives. Want to give scuba diving a try? Then DISCOVER SCUBA with Adventure Dive Center! Learn the basic skills of scuba diving in a confined shallow water area and then join in for a one-or two-tank dive in the afternoon.
- They also offer full PADI certification and a variety of other courses done one-on-one, with private instruction and personalized service in mind.
- Jetscursion - Lagoon Tour: Depart from Great Bay and head out on your wave runner into the beautiful blue Caribbean Sea. You will enjoy the sights of the island while passing Little Bay, Cay Bay and Simpson Bay. Pass under the bridge into the lagoon to see the mega yachts and multi-million dollar estate homes of the French Lowlands. Guides will take you to explore one of the many snorkel sites or the famous Sunset Beach Bar. Approximately 2.5 hours.
- Rent your own Jet Ski: Get out on the water and feel the power and freedom of a jet ski ride. Rent your own or take someone for a ride on the beautiful, turquoise waters of Great Bay.
- Boat Charters and Snorkel Trips Choose between an exclusive private boat charter on board Adventuress (maximum 10 people) or enjoy the daily island tour to Tintamarre, Pinel Island on board LiL’ injun. Departure every day at 10:00 a.m. Free shuttle service from Great Bay Beach Resort.
- Private Boat Charter: An exclusive, private boat charter on board Adventuress, the new 30-foot Privateer Atlantic, is the best way to experience the Caribbean and everything it has to offer. The Adventuress boasts two 200 Hp engines, a sound system,a freshwater shower, a 10-foot canopy and a sun deck.
Full Day Tour (10 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - Visit three locations. Complimentary drinks and snorkeling equipment included. (Maximum of 10 people)
Half Day Tour (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.) - Visit two locations. Complimentary drinks and snorkeling equipment included. (Maximum of 10 people)
- Snorkeling: There is something for everyone to experience - perfect for beginners or experts. See the many species of fish, rays, coral and rock formations as you snorkel in the relaxing, warm waters of St. Maarten. Explore two snorkeling sites and see the beautiful underwater life that St. Maarten has to offer. Trip includes instruction, snorkeling gear, complimentary soft drinks and water. Approximately three hours.
There is a gift shop on the hotel premises. The island is famous for its duty-free shopping and downtown Philipsburg is only a 10-minute walk from the hotel.