Advanced OptionsAdvanced Options
Want to talk? Give us a Call
The Riu Playacar is a full-service beachfront all-inclusive resort featuring a wide variety of on-site facilities and amenities, including the all-new infinity pools. A lovely palm shaded white-sand beach, two pools, one swim-up bar, four restaurants, four bars, a supervised children's club, Renova spa and gym at the Mexican Street and two floodlit hard surface tennis courts set the tone for an exciting and unique vacation.
Great Exchange Privileges!
As a guest of the Riu Playacar, you may take advantage of Riu's generous exchange privileges and enjoy the facilities, restaurants, bars, shows & entertainment at the Riu Tequila, Riu Lupita and Riu Yucatan adjacent to the resort. Please note that Riu does not allow guests exchange privileges for dinner.
Directly adjacent to the Riu Playacar is the charming Mexican Street. A concept that is unique to Riu Resorts, the Mexican Street is a central hub of the sprawling Riu complex, designed to resemble a small Mexican village and offering a range of services, retail offerings and more! At the Mexican Street you will find:
- Renova Spa: Beauty treatments, massages and hairdresser (newly redone)
- Complimentary gym
- Jewelry store
- Photo studio & lab
- Internet lounge
- Variety of other shops selling local crafts
Main Building Facilities
- La Plaza restaurant with terrace and non-smoking section
- Lobby bar
- Three swimming pools
- Children's newly renovated pool with slides
- Large Jacuzzi
- Complimentary sun loungers, towels and parasols by the pool area
- Sun terrace
- La Cumbia lounge bar
- Las Olas poolside bar/swim-up bar
- Turquesa poolside snack bar/restaurant
- Ananá lobby bar
- Traviata Italian restaurant
- Children's playground
Free Wi-Fi in select public areas and in the rooms.