Iberostar Quetzal, Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Quetzal is an impressive, all-inclusive, family-friendly resort, located on Playacar's magnificent beach in Riviera Maya. One of the many facets of this hotel is an ode to Mayan culture, from the architecture boasting palm tree leaves and limestone, to the statue replicas of Mayan gods. Guests can stroll alongside ponds, lagoons and caves, and surround themselves with the natural habitat of Riviera Maya. From fun-filled water activities, including snorkeling and sailing, to a vibrant nightlife full of bars, there is no shortage of activity to be found at Iberostar Quetzal.
All-Inclusive PlanBeachfront350 Rooms3 Floors7 Restaurants7 BarsFamily FriendlyActiveCasual
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Iberostar Quetzal is an impressive all-inclusive resort located on Playacar's magnificent beach, just minutes away from Playa del Carmen. "Playa", that's how the locals call it, is an old fishermen's village that has transformed today to 'the' vacation destination in the Caribbean. From its fun-filled water activities like snorkeling and sailing to its vibrant nightlife full of bars, Quinta Avenida (5th Avenue), it truly is the hottest spot in sunny Mexico. And very centrally located - close to Cozumel, Tulum, Puerto Morelos, and even Cancun's International Airport is just 45 mins. away.
Please note that due to environmental factors and natural erosion beach size is susceptible to constant change and may vary seasonally.
Staying at the Iberostar Quetzal resort is like being on an archeological escapade in a rainforest. For one, you'll encounter real ruins that existed during the Mayan era. In fact, many facets of this all-inclusive hotel is an ode to Mayan culture, from the architecture boasting palm tree leaves and limestone to the statue replicas of Mayan gods, each telling their own story. You can stroll alongside ponds, lagoons and caves all while enjoying nature's soundtrack around you. With its open-air ambiance, woodsy décor and warm colors, you'll feel like you're always at one with nature.
Guests of Iberostar Quetzal enjoy full exchange privileges at Iberostar Tucan. With the Iberostar Quetzal being adjacent to Iberostar Tucan, families can take advantage of the best of both resorts.
Iberostar Quetzal Exchange Privileges
Your stay at Iberostar Quetzal includes complimentary access from 9 am - 6 pm to these Iberostar Resorts. Night passes available for an additional charge, transportation not included.
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Iberostar Paraiso del Mar
Booking Window: Now - December 31, 2019
Travel Window: Now - April 30, 2020
Receive up to $300 in resort credits when you book a stay of 3 - 5 nights or up to $500 in resort credits when you book a stay of 6 nights or more! Resort credits can be used toward room upgrades, spa treatments, romantic dinners, champagne, wine, water sports and more!
Iberostar is proud to announce the completion of its remodeling project! Improvements include a new lobby, expanded terrace areas, updated decor, new equipment for the Kids Club, a new gym and the addition of an ice cream parlor, cigar lounge and restaurants.
Student Groups Policy
Students/youth are considered by the hotel as any person between 16 and 23 years of age. In addition to the Student Groups Policy instituted for all bookings year-round, Groups shall adhere to the following conditions:
- Student Groups are ON REQUEST for any hotel. Any student/youth group must be pre-approved and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- One parent or chaperone at least 25 years of age will be required per room for check-in. Adults accompanying are responsible for students' behavior.
- In the event that any members from the group engage in inappropriate behavior disrespecting Hotel staff and/or other guests or cause physical damages to the facilities, the hotel management reserves the right to expel the entire group without reimbursement or refund of the remaining nights.
- FIT bookings and Groups upon check-in will be required to leave a refundable cash deposit (per room) for any damages, unpaid expenses, losses or fines that the clients incur or become responsible during their stay at the hotel. If nothing happens during the group's stay, this deposit will be refunded to the Agency after departure.
- Alcoholic drinks will be offered to the students older than 18 years old.
Environmental City Fee
Effective October 1, the Mexican government implemented a new environmental city fee to all guests staying at hotels in select Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen regions. This new fee will be collected upon check-in from all guests.
Wave Change is a pioneering initiative from Iberostar Group to reduce the use of plastics, to promote responsible consumption of seafood and improve costal health. By 2020, All Iberostar hotels will be free of single-use plastics
Back To Top